Before you continue reading this post I just want to say that mining Litecoin on your mobile phone or computer without specialized hardware is somewhat unprofitable considering the amount of battery and CPU power been used during mining.
To start mining the cryptocurrency that is Litecoin on your Android phone you would need the following
– Android phone (this is obvious)
– LitecoinPool.org account
– Pocket Miner app
Android phone – this a smartphone which is powered by the Android OS.
LitecoinPool.org Account – LitecoinPool.org is a Litecoin mining pool.
Pocket Miner app – This is the application for mining litecoins on your Android device it works only with a LitecoinPool.org account.
How to start mining
1) Create a pool account on litecoinpool.org.
2) Create a worker on your my account page. A default worker should be automatically created. It should look like this:
3) Head to Google Playstore and install Pocket miner if you’ve not already done that or click here.
4) Open up the app. Input your worker username and password gotten from step 2 and click login.
5) Open up the settings by click the cog icon at the top left of the screen.
Thread count: This is the amount of simultaneous mining processes on your device. Always select one less than the total amount of cores your cpu has. Eg 4 cores = 3 threads. As selecting everything or higher would lead to higher temperatures and slow down the mining process overall.
Nearest server: This is the nearest LitecoinPool.org server to you.
Mine only when charging: If ticked the app would only mine when your phone is plugged in and charging.
Mine on low battery: Whether to mine on low battery.
Mine on mobile data: Whether to mine using your mobike data.
Show exchange rates: If ticked litecoin exchange rates are shown below the mining stats on the home screen.
Native Miner: This a faster version of the miner untick if you’re having trouble mining with this.
6) Go back to the home screen and click ‘Start Mining’.
Watch the temperature of your device and if you’re device gets too hot. I advise you stop mining and reduce your thread count to see if that helps.